Monday, August 17, 2009

More Tosca Lee


Interview-ette with Tosca Lee:

1. Do you love to write? Or is it a chore/occupation/obligation?

It is a tic. And an obsession. And sometimes I love it. Part of the time I hate it. It hurts my back. And my eyes. And my hands. And it’s probably going to kill me since I do it a lot while I’m driving.

2. You probably get asked this all the time, but I have to ask anyway: Where did you come up with the idea for Demon?

While driving. :> Seriously.

3. What's the best advice you've ever received about writing?

Keep writing. Write your next book while you’re trying to sell your first. And get better—study writing. See what works. Approach your favorite books with an analytical eye.

4. Take a moment to shamelessly plug your next book.

Agent of prophecy, patriot rebel, betrayer of God. Coming in 2011: The story of the most reviled man in Christendom, Judas Iscariot… as told in his own words.

* * * * * * * * * *

My Take:

Havah
Tosca Lee

Rich and mesmerizing, Havah grabs hold in the first few lines and does not release its compelling grip until long after the final page has been read. I did not devour this book, I savored it, tasting the fruit of the garden with Havah and weeping with her over the unfathomable bitterness of the fall. Tosca Lee’s prose is breathtaking, her story of grace utterly transforming. She is a gifted artist, and Havah is nothing less than a masterpiece.

Demon
Tosca Lee

In her exceptional debut, Tosca Lee proves that she has both the courage and compassion to tackle the taboo: the life and times of a fallen angel. Successfully weaving the story of the descent of Lucifer with an everyman narrative, Lee offers us glimpses into the heart of God and his fathomless love for the crown of his creation. Compulsively readable and subtly convicting, Demon will forever recast your understanding of redemption.

* * * * * * * * * *


It's not too late to enter the giveaway for Tosca's book! Just leave a comment on Saturday's post (The Grapevine: Tosca Lee). A winner will be drawn on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment