So... I kind of dropped off the face of the earth for the past week or so. I know I should apologize for the huge blogging faux pas, but can I just say that I've had a wonderful week?!? I never intended to turn off my computer for eight days, but life just got in the way of emails, blogging, Facebook status checking, and all the other "work" I do online. If I had a "Gone Fishing" sign, I would have hung it in my metaphorical blogging window. But that wouldn't be entirely accurate, because I wasn't fishing at all. Instead, I was...
- Scooping out from under two feet of snow. What a blizzard!
- Playing in said snow with my kids. It was so soft and powdery white we could swan dive off the steps and sink a foot into the snowy fluff.
- Celebrating Christmas! Church was cancelled because of the blizzard, but we still sung carols, read Luke 2, ate like kings (and queens), and shared gifts. My favorite Christmas gift? A SonicCare toothbruth. I know, I'm a dork. But I love clean teeth.
- Swimming at an indoor waterpark during our three-day family getaway. The Baarts took a mini-vacation this year in lieu of fancy presents, and we loved every minute of our time away. I still smell like chlorine.
- Cuddling our sweet, spayed puppy. Poor thing has eleven staples in her tummy and she just can't leave them alone. It's my job to hold her. It's rough, but someone's got to do it.
- Writing! I am having so much fun with my third and final installment of Julia's story. And my aunt just (inadvertantly) gave me the pièce de résistance, the scene and symbol that will tie the whole book together. I'm pretty excited. Thanks, Auntie Julie!
Merry (belated) Christmas!!!