Sunday, February 10, 2008

Home from Spain

We're home! I think I'm still a bit jet-lagged, but I'm feeling incredibly refreshed and wonderfully blessed. And though I miss the sunshine of southern Spain, it is good to be home. The trip was indescribable. I wish I could sum it all up (and I'm sure I'll try in subsequent posts), but for tonight I'm going to leave you with a few photo highlights. These are some of my fondest memories from Spain.



One of my favorite mornings consisted of a little girl time. Lisa and I braved the wild Malaga traffic to seek out Calle San Miguel in Torremolinos. Even better than the shopping was the cafe con leche and shared chocolate croissant!


Unexpected alleys with bright buildings and lovely cafes surprised us at every turn. Though I adored the countryside, wandering the cities was a rare treat. We were even lucky enough to run into a full-fledged Carnival! Being swept away by the crowd was exhilirating.



The Alhambra was definitely unforgettable. I'm sitting on the wall of the Moorish fortress (the Alcazaba) and the palace of King Carlos V is in the background. I didn't realize until after the picture was taken that I was sitting at least a hundred feet above the gardens below!



Okay, I have to post one more Alhambra picture. Here are Aaron and I standing in front of the famous reflecting pool in the palace of the Nasires. The room behind us was the very room where Queen Isabella commisioned Christopher Columbus to go in search of the New World. So very cool.

Well, that's it for now. Do I still have any readers out there after being gone so long? I sure hope so! If there are a few of you still kicking around, I hope you have a lovely week. :)

5 comments:

  1. You lucky girl! I can't wait to hear more this morning -if you're not too jetlagged.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great pictures! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow looks like you had a great time. Breathtaking pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a wonderful time! I love the picture at the reflecting pool. Isn't it neat to be at a place with so much history?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicole,

    So glad you had a wonderful time! I gave away a copy of SS on my blog a couple weeks ago, and received my ARC in the mail. Hope to start it sometime this week.

    ReplyDelete