Thursday, February 28, 2008

Fun Book News

I love getting the mail these days because it seems like there is always something fun in it! I look forward to political updates from Newsweek, unexpected letters from friends, and surprise packages from Tyndale. I've gotten two such exciting packages lately and I thought I'd share the news with you.

First, I learned that Leaves is going to be translated into Dutch! The Dutch title is Lichtval and the cover is a totally new design. When it's up on the
Kok website, I'll link the jpeg so you can see it. I think it's really interesting! Anyone fluent in Dutch besides my in-laws?

Also, yesterday I received the official audio copy of After the Leaves Fall. It's an 8 cd, 9 and 1/2 hour listening experience!
Recorded Books has published this version and I have to admit, it sounds pretty neat. The reader, Johanna Parker has a really great, lilting voice with a bit of a southern accent. Easy listening, though not for me because it's a little like hearing yourself on an answering machine or seeing a photo that someone took of you when you weren't aware they were doing it. It's a strange feeling to say the least!

Anyway, just thought I'd share. I have to phone Steve at
Business Talk Radio Network (see yesterday's post about the radio interview) in a bit so I'd better get going. I've got laundry to fold, a dirty diaper to change, a dishwasher to unload, and it would be nice to change out of my pajama pants before I have to sound professional!

1 comment:

  1. I got an email from Vicky at Tyndale, I told her I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a ARC copy of the new book!

    ReplyDelete