For me, it all comes down to the little things. Details that make life worth living. I used to go to sleep at night with the thought of cereal in my head... I loved cereal, and just thinking about the Golden Grahams that awaited me at breakfast made me fall asleep with a smile on my face. Lame, I know. But hey, I can't help it if I'm nuts about the simple stuff.
Anyway, at the end of a particularly hectic week, I'm going to take a few moments to remind myself of the little things that made these past five days worth every minute.
- Two words: I'm sorry. They're magic, don't ya know? And best of all, they work both ways--they're great to give and receive.
- A new puppy who loves to nap on my lap. Scratch that--who loves to nap on my chest, as close to my heart as she can get.
- Spontaneous kisses from my five-year-old.
- "Mom, I love you to the moon and back. Oh, and you're so so so so so so beautiful." From my three-year-old.
- New shampoo. Crazy, I know, but I love the scent of new shampoo. Mine is apple and ginseng. Yummy.
- Sunshine. This week has been resplendent with the warm stuff. Loving it.
- A new book. Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout. I'm starting it this afternoon.
- Raisin-almond toast, a local bakery favorite. You take your run-of-the-mill raisin bread and run a thread of ooey-gooey almond paste right through the middle. Divine.
Okay, your turn. What little things made your week? I guarantee, once you start thinking about them, the list goes on and on and on... ;) BTW, as of noon tomorrow, one of you will be able to say that a fun little thing in your week was winning a book giveaway! Still haven't entered your name? Leave a comment on this post--it's not too late.