Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

I tried to find a picture to cap off this holiday post, but after paging through photo after photo of chocolate eggs, fuzzy chicks, even fuzzier bunnies, and bright spring flowers, I gave up. Now, I like chocolate as much as the next girl (especially in gooey-centered egg form), and I have a soft spot for all things furry, but has everybody bought into this myth? That Easter is about eggs and baby animals, and foil-wrapped candies? Sigh.

In today's day and age, it's hard not to sound sanctimonious when discussing religion. It's certainly not vogue to call yourself a Christian or to say something as bold as, "I am a follower of Jesus Christ." But I am. And I love the Lord. No, I really love him. Like crazy, head-over-heels, take-my-breath-away in love. I'm not going to push that on you or rub your face in it or expect you to feel the same way I do. But I gotta tell you--it's awesome. It's freedom and hope and love and life. It's everything.

Anyway, I'm not a preacher--that's my husband's job. But it is Easter and I live a life of second chances. A life from death. Oh, I love how that sounds. So, happy Easter. And I'm not talking bunnies, chocolates, flowers or eggs. I'm talking resurrection.

Happy Resurrection.

2 comments:

  1. AMEN.

    I hope you and your family had a wonderful Easter Sunday, remembering the resurrection and celebrating in our new life!

    (By the way, I love the new blog look! This brown with your picture looks so great. I like it better than the green, because its very artsy and almost "scrapbooked". I'm a scrapbooker and I love that whole look and feel. congrats!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a fantastic Easter, too, Stacey!

    ReplyDelete