Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Book Questions


I'm working on an interview right now for a Reading Group website and some of the questions they asked were really interesting... I'll share my answers with you, but I'd love to know how you would answer these questions! Leave a comment. :)

  1. What are you reading right now? Prayers for Sale by Sandra Dallas.

  2. Have you ever read anything you're too embarassed to admit? A series of smutty sci-fi/fantasy books. Totally not my style, but my friend gave me the first one and it was as addictive as crack. I blush admitting it...

  3. What was your favorite book when you were a child? The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis.

  4. What book has changed your life? Why? Peace Like a River by Leif Enger because it taught me that redemptive fiction doesn't have to be pat or easy. And, best of all, hope-filled fiction can be literary.

5 comments:

  1. well, here are my answers!

    #1 What are you reading right now? Angela Hunt's Journey. Fabulous!

    #2 Have you ever read anything you're too embarassed to admit? Not that I can think of...

    #3 What was your favorite book when you were a child? the entire Laura Ingalls Wilder series - I probably read them 30 times as a child. I even dressed up like her for Halloween once!

    #4 What book has changed your life? Why? Probably Les Miserables by Victor Hugo. I love it so much, and the message it teaches of redemption and love is so powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the Little House on the Prairie books, too. And Les Miserables is breathtakingly beautiful... I had all but forgotten about it until you mentioned it. I also adore The Count of Monte Cristo for the same reasons you like Les Mis. You have great taste all around--Angela Hunt is top notch! Wish I could borrow off your book shelf...

    ReplyDelete
  3. we had to read the count of monte cristo in school (i think soph year), and i would have chunked it because I couldn't get through the first 50 pages had it not been a school requirement. but after the first 50 pages, i remember i loved it and devoured it, but to be honest i now don't remember much about it! one of my all-time favorite books i did have to read in school was jane eyre though - i am such a sucker for romance! i'll have to re-read the count of monte cristo again, i think its on my bookshelf somewhere (and lol, if you saw my bookshelves, you would laugh! we have four huge bookshelves OVERFLOWING with books in all kinds of genres!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. What are you reading right now? Reading both The Host by Stephenie Meyer and Firebird by Kathy Tyers (who is a Christian author) I'm on a sci-fi kick!

    2. Have you ever read anything you're too embarassed to admit? Maybe not ashamed, but I devoured the Twilight books. So addictive!

    3. What was your favorite book when you were a child? I loved the Winnie the Pooh stories. I thought they were magical. My mom read a lot to me as a kid.

    4. What book has changed your life? Why? The Giver by Lois Lowry opened my eyes to see how powerful literature can be. The Lord of the Rings by Tolkien showed me that, too.

    And I'd also say that After the Leaves Fall and Summer Snow have also changed me! I loved them both and it showed me how much writing really means to me and how you can use it to share God with people. Thanks, Nicole!

    ~Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Brandi,

    Thank you so much for your kind words! You absolutely made my day.

    Warmly,
    Nicole

    PS - The Giver rocks. ;)

    ReplyDelete