Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Spring!


While I am thrilled to death about Summer Snow being nominated for a Christy Award, I can say in all honestly that I am equally excited about a lovely little green thing I found growing in my garden on Saturday: the first tulip. Glory be, praise the Lord, and hip-hip-hooray! Spring is in the air. Finally. It's been a long winter.

It was nearly 70 degrees here on Saturday, and I used the opportunity to stir up my special triple-ingredient soil booster. Organic compost, manure, and peat moss have proved to be the perfect combination for our rich, heavy soil, and the timing this year was downright serendipitous. Twenty-four hours after hoeing the fertilizer into all my flowerbeds, it rained. And this was no piddly, little rain. We're talking thunder, lightning, torrential downpours, and the perfect, capping rainbow at the end of it all. Did I mention I love spring?

Anyway, here's hoping that spring is in the air wherever you are! Take my word for it, a little (or, in my case, a lot of) dirt under your fingernails is better therapy than an hour with the most expensive shrink.

No comments:

Post a Comment