Thursday, March 4, 2010
10 things I bet you don't know about me...
1. I hate pop. Always have, always will. When I was a kid the carbonation hurt my nose, and now that I'm grown and can handle a little fizz, I hate the syrupy, sugary taste. Gross!
2. I was a late bloomer (to put it nicely). My pre-teen and teen years were a nightmare of chicken legs, coke-bottle glasses, buck teeth, and painful timidity. I'm no ugly duckling turned beautiful swan, but it is nice to have settled into myself. Though I do still feel like that awkward little girl sometimes.
3. I love rollercoasters.
4. I'm addicted to brushing my teeth. I have a professional grade SonicCare toothbrush and the Clean setting is not enough for me. I have to use it twice.
5. I skipped second grade.
6. My lifelong dream was to be published by the age of 30. I realized my dream with a little over a month to spare.
7. I can't cut my hair. When I was that gangly thirteen-year-old, I believed my only beauty was my hair. I have a strange attachment to it...
8. When I was little I longed to be a nun. I think The Sound of Music may have fueled that ridiculous dream. :)
9. My grandfather was in the cavalry in WWII. He trained horses, and so did my dad. I grew up around Arabians, and harbor the not-so-secret desire to own land and a few horses someday. Ironically, my husband is terrified of horses.
10. I almost flunked Chemistry 103 in college. Well, I failed every test but got A's on every lab. It worked out to a pretty solid C, but I realized that my hope of becoming a large animal veterinarian was probably a pipe dream.
Your turn! Tell me something I don't know about you... :)