Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Back on track...

It's been almost three weeks since we first discovered the clogged pipes in our basement, and our lives are finally starting to return to normal. What a nightmare. At least it's almost over.

We still don't have the bathroom vanity and sink restored to their proper place in the downstairs bathroom, and last night a strong north wind blew sewer gases all through our house. I freaked. Aaron was gone to a meeting and my kids were asleep... I called my mom and cried like a baby. But, apparently, all I had to do was plug the pipe. The nice man from the city gas department who came to check things out was very kind to me--might have had something to do with my mascara-streaked face and desperate air.

Any-hoo, the final pieces are being put into place today. Grout between the bathroom tiles, baseboards and moldings, doors and furniture properly aligned. Praise the Lord. I like my life ordered and the chaos of this last month has been hard on me.

Thankfully, in one week Aaron and I are leaving the madness to attend a conference in Chicago! Hooray! I can't wait to get away for a while, even if it's more or less a "work trip." The hotel is beautiful, the company will be great, and I get to spend a few nights away from the headache and decision-making of life in our sweet but aged house. Did I mention no kids? ;)

Have a fantastic Wednesday!



P.S. This is the hotel we're staying at, NOT our basement. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment