Thursday, February 5, 2009

15 Random Things

My post is a big cheat today. Someone on Facebook tagged me in a note about 25 random things about yourself. It's a busy week, so I'm going to post my list here--Minus ten things so you don't get bored to tears.
  1. I will read anything I can get my hands on, including soup cans, shampoo bottles, and appliance instructions in any language. I was a Spanish minor in college and love finding lingual connections between languages.
  2. I would love a big family--4 or more kids.
  3. My favorite sound in the morning is my coffee perking.
  4. I like my showers so hot that I look like a burn victim when I get out.
  5. My middle name should be Grace. Not because it's true; because it would be ironic.
  6. I like a peanut butter and pickle sandwich about once a year, pregnant or not.
  7. I still bite my fingernails after twenty years of trying to quit.
  8. I think men who do dishes are sexy (I'm talking about you, Aar).
  9. My hair is long because when I was a little girl my daddy always said it was pretty. Now my husband does and I can't bring myself to cut it.
  10. My favorite movies are in French. I love subtitles. And I'd love to watch Pan's Labyrinth (I know, it's in Spanish) but I can't bring myself to do it because I HATE scary movies.
  11. I worked on a dairy as a ranch hand for several years. For inexplicable reasons, most people don't believe this about me...
  12. I have a crush on Obama. And Jon Stewart.
  13. I have TMJ (my jaw locks occasionally) and once when my jaw locked for several days I had to go to a maxillofacial surgeon. After trying for 1/2 an hour to unlock my jaw, he finally said, "Hold really still. I'm going to put my tongue in your mouth now." He meant thumb, but I laughed so hard he had to leave the room. He didn't come back for about 10 minutes.
  14. I hum when I eat and have to try very hard not to do it in public. Mmm-mmm. So good. I really like food.
  15. I had four different majors in college before settling on English, Spanish, ESL (English as a Second Language) and Secondary Education. The four discarded choices were: Veterinary Medicine, Political Science, Law, and Journalism.

No comments:

Post a Comment