Thursday, May 22, 2008

5 Things

Yikes, it's been a long time since I've blogged. Sorry. It's been busy around here. So much so that I'm going to give you a quick list of the five most interesting things I've been up to lately. Then it's back to my third novel. I'm so close...

The 5 most interesting things I've been up to:

5. Painting all my doors Rebellion Red. I find it to be a misnomer. Rebellion makes me think blood, but this red is more brick/terra cotta. I love it.

4. Going to the Tulip Festival. Yup, it's exactly what it sounds like: a festival dedicated to tulips. I went for the Dutch bratwurst and the look on my son's face when he tasted cotton candy for the very first time.

3. Yoga. Who wouldn't love to end their day with a few sun salutes and a quick aromatherapy massage? If only Lisa would stop making me giggle in the middle of downward facing dog...

2. Taking my son to the dentist. He's four. It didn't go very well. In a fit of raw fear he punched me in the face and screamed so loud they asked us to leave. Huge sigh. As you can imagine, I'm regretting the cotton candy incident as I'm afraid my little boy may never allow me to even drive by the dentist's office ever again.

1. Writing my third book! I'm almost done! Praise the Lord, it's been a ride. Well, it's still a ride because I'm not quite there yet. But I will be... :) Some highlights have been: researching the Catholic church like a crazy person only to find out that my writing partner grew up Catholic, having a wine tasting for research, and asking a local police officer if I could hold his gun so I could get a feel for it.

That's it for me. I'm going to retreat back into my little writing cave. Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment