Wednesday, November 10, 2010
I'm in a weird mood, so you're stuck with a bizarre rant today. Remember Deep Thoughts with Jack Handey? Any SNL fans out there? Well, consider this my take on his surreal one-liners. Without further ado, random thoughts, fears, observations, trivialities, and musings...
- Cryptic Facebook status updates suck.
- I love British slang. Bollucks, codswallop, and whinge... scrummy and snookered and twee, oh my!
- Believe it or not, Shel Silverstein is even funnier as a parent. My kids adore him, but for me it's true love.
- "Getting in shape" is a slippery, impossible thing that ranks down there with "achieving self-actualization." Sorry, never gonna happen.
- I'm not sure life would be worth living without chocolate. And steak and warm cookies and beer.
- I think my children are smarter than me. I still add on my fingers...
- I don't doubt God, but sometimes I doubt his love for me.
- Everyone needs a little silence in their day. Five minutes without background noise--no television, radio, cell phone, chatter, the rhythmic clicking of your fingernails on the keyboard... Just stillness.
Your turn. What random thought is stuck in your craw today?