Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Books and Banisters

Sorry it has been so quiet around here lately. My silence has mostly been because things are nowhere near silent around my house these days...

Three weeks ago we embarked on a small reno project in our living room that was supposed to be done in a week. Since we started three weeks ago I'm sure you've ascertained that our small project somehow turned into a much larger undertaking than we anticipated. Anyway, after painting our entire main floor, switching the direction of a staircase, and laying new carpet, we are finally (almost) done. Whew. Glad that's over. And I'm thrilled with the way it turned out. I love home projects!

As I struggled to choose a banister, pick out the perfect carpet, and decide on paint colors, I received quite the surprise... Summer Snow showed up on my doorstep in all it's spring-green glory! It is such a beautiful book, and I can now officially say that the experience of opening the box of book number two is no less exhilirating than the first time around. Wow. I am still in awe. So in awe that I took a dorky picture of my new book and my new banister. I am such a nerd. Oh well, at least I can admit it.



PS - My evening with Club 31 at their Spring Event last night was a blast! I had a wonderful time--and I didn't even get nervous. :)

1 comment:

  1. Nicole,

    I just finished reading SS last week. I got through it pretty quickly because I couldn't wait to see what Julia decided! Please say there's a 3rd book to keep the story going! =)

    ReplyDelete