Wednesday, March 12, 2008

It's warm!

In case you haven't already clued in, the weather has a huge impact on my mood and productivity. The last few days have been in the fifties! Woo-hoo! Can I get an amen?! I cannot believe how much more motivated and happy I am when I can be outside--I'm convinced I was born to be outdoors. Anyway, not only have I splashed through countless puddles with my boys, taken long, slushy walks down melting sidewalks, and organized my entire house, I've also been writing like a wild woman. Nearly twenty pages yesterday alone! That's almost 4,000 words. If I can keep this up, I'll be finished with novel number three in a week. Although, I suppose I shouldn't count on keeping this up. But it would be nice...

Since I'm laughing so much these days, I thought I'd share a few of my funnies with you. As always, my four-year-old spews wisdom daily and for some reason (hmmm, could it be the sunshine?) I find him particularly hilarious right now. Enjoy!

-Every night my son prays this version of the classic bedtime prayer, Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep: Mommy lay me down to sleep, I praise the Lord my soul to keep... Thank you for the cow jumping over the moon.

-He's famous for his made-up knock-knock jokes: Knock-knock. Who's there? Me. Me who? Me gonna tickle you!

-After above silly knock-knock joke: Mommy, open up your armpit! I promise I won't tickle it--I just want to look at it.

-Coming up the stairs at Papa and Nana's house wearing reindeer antlers from Christmas: I'm an ibex. Really? What's an ibex? An ibex is an animal that hits other boys with his horns so he can get the girl.

-On growing up: When I grow up I'm going to be a policeman, a fireman, a dirt bike racer, a skateboard guy, a race car driver, a garbage man, a hockey player, a football player, and a penguin. What about a pastor? Do you want to be a pastor like your daddy? No way! That's too boring for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment