Monday, November 17, 2008

Our Kids

In light of everything that has happened recently, it does me good to think about all the blessings that God has rained down on our lives. First and foremost in my mind are my own children. And then I think immediately of the kids at Christ Our Hope, the orphanage that our non-profit One Body, One Hope supports in Monrovia, Liberia.

One Body has been in existence for only a year and a half, and yet God has done such amazing things it makes my head spin. What started as a friendship in Ethiopia has expanded into a growing organization that has raised over $40,000 for our neighbors in West Africa. And on Thursday my husband is on his way to Monrovia. I'm so happy for him and yet so jealous... The reason I'm not going with him is because I was supposed to be sixteen weeks pregnant. Argh. But I am doing much better, and I am very excited about his amazing opportunity. Hopefully this will pave the way for yearly trips (or maybe an extended sabbatical in Liberia??? I can live on rice and bottled water...).

Anyway, I thought you might like to see our kids. At least, I consider them our kids. Aren't they beautiful? Maybe, when adoption stabilizes in Liberia... :)

I also wanted to take a moment to thank you from the bottom of my heart for your overwhelming display of support after I shared with you about my miscarriage. It wasn't an easy thing to do, but I'm so glad that I did. Your emails, comments, and prayers have meant so much to me. I know this probably sounds cliche, but I really, truly, honestly could feel the power of prayer in these last weeks. I thought this pain was something I'd never get over, and already I feel the sort of healing that only came months and months after I lost our last baby. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I am humbled and I am blessed. And I'm starting to wonder if there's a book in here somewhere...? I never thought I'd write non-fiction, but boy, do I have stories. And so do you. Thank you for sharing them with me.

May your cup overflow, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment