Monday, January 14, 2008

Up and Coming

Happy Monday! It's a new week and I always like to start my week out with happy things. Thus I attend a wonderful Monday morning Bible study, and go easy on myself for lunch by having frozen pizza with my fam. Thus I'm sitting in a sunny patch on my living room floor with the intention of blogging about other such happy things... :)

As you already know, After the Leaves Fall is out in stores and Summer Snow is available for pre-order. I'm an author! (How in the world did that happen?!?) Anyway, it looks like I'm going to be the author of more than two books. And here I would have been happy with one!

Just before Christmas my fabulous agent Danielle Egan-Miller of Browne & Miller in Chicago negotiated another two book contract for me with Tyndale House Publishing. I could not be happier. I absolutely love Tyndale. Working with them has been a dream come true. And I get to keep doing it! Dreaming it? Either way, I'm thrilled.

The first book is tentatively titled The Moment Between and I am already up to my eyeballs writing it. Having a blast, I might add. To pique your interest, I thought I'd give you a quick run-down. This is my own short synopsis and I tend to stink at writing them, so I apologize in advance for any lack of succinctness or cohesion. I hope it sounds like a good read to you! Enjoy!

***

Abigail Bennett is driven. She’s an ambitious, self-possessed, and very successful accountant in a well-established Florida firm. Abigail is convinced that nothing can shake the strong foundation of the world she has carefully constructed for herself. Until the unexpected happens, and she is pushed to the brink of something she has never experienced before: obsession.

Although it is completely against her nature, although it defies all conventional wisdom and threatens to ruin her life, Abigail begins to unravel. She abandons her job, her swanky apartment, everything to chase down the object of her obsession. He’s a bartender and an aspiring pilot. His name is Tyler Kamp.

Abigail’s journey is awash in memories of her childhood, for even as she races into her future, her past continually pulls her back. Though she tries to ignore each painful recollection of her younger days--a time filled with strict religious rules and regulations, and peppered with the errors and expectations of her aging parents--Abigail’s youth cannot be ignored. And at the center of it all is Abigail’s relationship with her younger sister, Hailey. Hailey is indefinably needy and strangely toxic, dangerously beautiful and frighteningly volatile. Abigail finds herself replaying her youth, desperate for clues and longing for a chance to atone for long-ago mistakes.

Past and present finally collide when Abigail’s obsession forces her to chase Tyler from Florida all the way across the continent to British Columbia’s fabled Summerlands. Torn between grace and condemnation, redemption and revenge, Abigail faces the implications of living a less than perfect life. Can Abigail ever forgive Hailey? Can she forgive Tyler? And, maybe most importantly, can Abigail ever forgive herself?

1 comment: