Monday, July 2, 2007

What I've Been Up To...

I haven't blogged in a while so I figured I'd better excuse my absence a bit. I promise I haven't just been twiddling my thumbs. So here, the top five things I've been up to in the last couple of weeks:

1. Playing the part of wild bull to my son's eager cowboy. My three-year-old has decided that he no longer wants to be a garbage man and he has traded in his grubby work gloves for a pair of spurs. Sadly, this mean mommy won't let him keep a bull in the backyard even if he promises to tie a rope around its neck. Thus, I am bull.

2. Traveling to Denver. I'm sorry to admit that I have never once stepped foot in Colorado before this past weekend. It's nice. A little smoggy and overcast, but nice.

3. Evading jury duty. Okay, I think that's technically a crime. I didn't actually evade jury duty, though I wanted to. Instead, when I called the automated number the night before I was due to appear in court, I found out that the case had already been settled! Yay for me! Except for the fact that this is just the first week of my six-month stint as a potential juror. I'm sure I'll be blogging about my time in court at some point.

4. Setting up a non-profit organization. It's a long story, but when Aaron and I were in Ethiopia picking up our sweet baby son, we met an amazing pastor from Monrovia, Liberia. God has blessed this relationship and we are in the throes of setting up an official way to channel aid to our friend, his congregation, and the orphanages they run. Currently we're setting up a child sponsorship program. I have 20 profiles and pictures of gorgeous children if anyone would like to sponsor a child! More on this later...

5. Enjoying summer. Friday morning golf outings with the family, backyard barbecues on random Tuesday nights, trips to the park, and lazy afternoon hours by the swimming pool... I love summer! Who has time to blog???

Speaking of enjoying summer, I'm outta here. Stop reading this blog and get your butt outside--it's already July!

No comments:

Post a Comment